None of the information provided is investment or tax advice.
You should always read the associated risks before deciding whether to invest. These can be found on the product pages as well as in our risks overview.
Please confirm you have read the information above.


Welcome to Downing LLP


Request information for

Product Offer Hero Title

Hello, thanks for your interest in investing with Downing. Please complete this form to receive the requested information.

Did you know. Risk warning. Take 2 mins to learn more.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
plus icon
document search icon 3
min read

Downing acquires c.14 MWp residential solar PV portfolio for £26 million

No items found.

What’s a Rich Text element?

The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.

Static and dynamic content editing

A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!

How to customize formatting for each rich text

Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.


  • asd
  • asd
  1. asdasd
  2. asd
  1. asd


Investment manager Downing LLP has acquired a portfolio of c.4,200solar PV residential installations across England and Wales. The portfolio was acquired from Foresight for c.£26 million.

The renewable energy and infrastructure arm of Downing Estate Planning Service has acquired 100% of the 13.8 MWp portfolio which is forecasted to generate a total of c.12 GWh per annum. This portfolio also benefits from 100% fixed revenues from feed-in-tariffs.

Approximately 80% of the rooftop solar assets are located across the Midlands, Wales and the South-West with the remaining 20% located in the North of England and South-East.

Downing’s internal infrastructure asset management team will be overseeing the operation and maintenance of the assets.

Sean Moore, Investment Director at Downing LLP, said: "We are immensely proud to announce the acquisition of this residential solar PV portfolio. At Downing, we are committed to responsible investing, and this acquisition is another milestone in that journey.

With our internal infrastructure asset management team at the helm, we are confident that this acquisition will yield long-term, positive impacts for both our investors and the environment."

Downing was advised on the acquisition by RINA, TLT, Buzzacott and Spring Park Capital.

Downing’s Energy and Infrastructure team has made more than 180 investments and has c.£850 million of assets under management- consisting of solar, wind, hydro and battery storage technology. 

Please click here for more information about Energy & Infrastructure at Downing.



We're here to help

If you are a financial adviser, or discretionary fund manager call 020 7630 3319 or email us at

If you are a private investor call  020 7416 7780 or email