Downing Estate Planning Service
Our Downing Estate Planning Service (the Service) has been structured with the aim of preserving investors' capital by focusing on businesses in two distinct sectors, which we believe are lower risk than some other tax efficient sectors:
- Businesses trading from freehold premises. These businesses provide a level of protection compared to companies with no tangible assets because, in the event of poor trading, there will usually still be value in the freehold property. Examples: hotels, health clubs, care homes.
- Renewable energy businesses. These businesses usually benefit from government subsidies that provide an income that is capable of being forecast with a high degree of certainty, which should help to manage risk. Examples: solar, wind, anaerobic digestion.
The Service has been designed with the following key features:
- Take advantage of the chance to mitigate IHT liability through Business Relief
- Target capital growth of 4% per annum over the medium term (this is a target and is not guaranteed)
- Option to receive distributions (paid six-monthly at a level set by the investor)
- Monthly access to capital with no penalties on exit (subject to liquidity)
Latest share price
Bagnall Renewables: 116.81p
Pulford Trading: 121.37p
As at 31 December 2016
Half-yearly updates: Bagnall (renewable energy businesses)
Half-yearly updates: Pulford (asset-backed trades)